We are looking for an embedded software engineer to serve as an integral part of a global, cross-functional R&D team focused on new product development.
The embedded software engineer will architect, design, implement, test, and document real-time embedded software for online instrumentation that utilize technologies including XRF, PGNAA, ultrasonic attenuation, and microwave transmission for the minerals and mining industry.
- Write software for the embedded software development in support of new product development projects.
- Evolve existing software packages to resolve bugs, improve performance, and expand functionality.
- Work closely with marketing and other product stakeholders to develop and document system level specifications and requirements.
- Create and execute to detailed development schedules.
- Develop technical design and testing documentation.
- Write/execute test plans and release software.
- Occasional travel to industry sites.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years embedded software systems design and development experience using C++ on embedded Linux.
- Experience with embedded UI development.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, file-systems, boot process, and driver architecture.
- Experience using Mono and C#.
- Experience using Qt or Xamarin.
- Experience writing embedded Web user interfaces.
- Experience using WPF.
- Experience with the following industrial Communications Protocols: Modbus, OPC.
- Experience with the following peripheral protocols: I2C, RS232.
- Proven project leader.
- Industrial automation experience.
- Experience in writing industrial software and user interfaces.
- Previous experience working in global organization as well as a matrix organization.