Manages and leads the development of Account Managers selling the Microbiology Food Safety portfolio.
Supports the Director of Sales Industrial, in driving growth, profitability and predictability. Administers all activities within the Sales Region.
This person will be remotely based within the Western U.S. Territory.
- Creates, develops and recommends goals, objectives and policies to ensure the most effective operation and staffing of sales activities within the region
- Establishes and maintains sales force staffing to ensure that the company’s long term sales objectives can be met within a timely manner
- Develops and manages the region processes for: creating sales strategies and tactical plans, sales assumptions and projections, sales goals, compensation, incentives, bonus and expenses
- Facilitates the management of key business and customer relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term objectives
- Provides leadership and management direction that enables the regional sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan
- Responsible for the creation, organization, coordination, frequency, objectives, budget and implementation of region sales meetings
- Directs, manages and coaches the activities of the sales representatives within their region. Working with corporate recruiting, screens, interviews and recommends hiring of field sales personnel. Monitors sales performance and manages performance improvement plans.
- Manage Account Manager training to include: selling skills, territory management Thermo Fisher products and processes, pricing, competition and account management.
- Provides administrative control over responsibilities, written performance reviews and a development plan for each employee, completes written performance goals and quarterly reviews with each direct report
- Maintains regular contacts with major Customer and Distributor accounts, continuously builds knowledge of industry trends, developments and all competitive activities
- Provides periodic reports on sales activities and provide sales forecasts as directed
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or science required.
- 5-8 years sales/sales management experience within the Food Safety market
- Strong track record of success in molecular equipment /consumables sales required
- Proven leadership skills, with financial and business acumen
- Impactful presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows 7 + and Microsoft Office Suite, CRM platforms, and other commonly used software
- Ability to travel 50% - 75%
- Prior management or supervisory experience desired
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.