Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
Manage and coach a group of logistic professionals to deliver optimal logistic service at minimum cost.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overseeing all material warehousing activities to support production and customer service operations.
Specific deliverables associated with this opportunity include:
Ensure that all material requirements (production supply, return shipments, tool shipments) demands are satisfied in accordance with customer expectations.
Work with materials planners and purchasing to ensure the required materials are on-hand and available to deployment needs.
Maintain safe custody and handling of the material, and will perform weekly, monthly, and annual inventory validation checks attesting to material accuracy (in accordance with the Company material controls policies).
Ensure all Company and OSHA safety regulations and policies are followed, and conduct planned and ad-hoc safety inspections of personnel, material handling equipment, and the facility. This position is responsible for the safe operation of all material handling equipment.
Create and prepare Operational Performance Metrics and drive improvements accordingly
Ensure that all customer returns are returned through the supplier repair loop in a timely fashion and meet both the supplier requirements and the customer expectations
- Lead the team: motivate, select, develop, appraise, hire and evaluate people and skills.
- Inventory accuracy
- Design, implementation and measurement of Logistic Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Define/execute actions if targets are not met
- Implement and update IMS work instructions for on the job efficient work flow
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, defining actions to prevent problems
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a higher education or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills
- Typically requires 6-8 years of experience of which 3-5 years’ experience/career in warehousing.
- To get access to the supply chain security area and known consigner cargo, it is required for the employee to have an official background check (for the NL it is a VOG). Next, the employee must conduct a security course (“Medewerker luchtvracht”) and FEI Supply Chain Security training course which need to be validated every year
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in coaching teams
- English/Dutch languages.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
Continuous quality and performance improvement
Planning and organizing
Problem solving and analysis
collaboration and teamwork
Flexibility and achieving change