When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for Unity Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include Management of across functional team across multiple customer sites, performance management of staff and people managers, monitoring of KPI and SLA metric performance, and representation of the account within customer business reviews. Strong communication skills are also required.
- Manages a cross functional and matrixed team across multiple key customer sites
- Participates in candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Manage staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication.
- Ensure full delivery of the committed services scope of work. Collaborate and support the Program Manager for customer reviews of performance, and ensure that maximum value creation occurs and is recorded for customer.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Act as liaison between customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific. Refine processes, identify process issues, recommend solutions, develop action plans, identify operational efficiencies/deficiencies through process improvement initiatives, and promote best practices.
- Management of Thermo Fisher Scientific quality programs in place including GXP service areas, training compliance, audit activities, and CAPA development.
- Lead and or participate in governance structure, performance management reviews, and working team meetings with key customer representatives
- Manage all performance measurements to optimize the customer’s perceptions. Includes customer scorecard review, talent assessment, resolving variances, and distribution of customer metrics throughout the organization. Attend and participate in quarterly business reviews at client sites
- Manages, distributes and actions periodic reports to enhance customer experience.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business
- Adhere and maintain to safety requirements
- Follows and established service quality standards and department guidelines, progress issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time. Acts as a resource for the customer in the areas of service, savings, and opportunity. Development of new KPIs as business needs require
- Responsible to achieve or exceed the AOP plan by maintaining existing business and developing new business
- Develop presentations and customer proposals that details SCOPE and pricing of proposed new business
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the service areas within the account
- Responsible to play an active role within assigned region to develop a working
- knowledge of funding and end-user needs, including adhering to established budgets and savings initiatives
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Actively promotes personal growth and development of people managers and self by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Resolves customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Builds and maintains effective and cross-functional teams, including recruiting, corrective actions, performance management and conducting performance reviews
- Utilizes customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific based systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- BS/BA Degree and minimum of 4-6 years of supervisory or management experience in a lab or lab services setting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast paced changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of Thermo Fisher and/or customer systems including Ariba, SAP, Oracle and others.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; including experience in writing SOP’s and presentation skills.
- Proven skills in managing multiple concurrent issues and prioritizing staff workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Overall understanding of service management, customer satisfaction.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with hours.
- Basic understanding of employment/labor law regulations.
- Requires 25% or more overnight travel
- Local travel as required
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- 1-2 years of managing people managers is preferred.
- 5-7 years of management experience
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.