Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: General Manager/Operations Lead Vienna
Matrix: Senior Manager, Project Management
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Vienna, Austria
Number of Direct Reports: 0
This position has two main responsibilities:
1). Provide direct support to Licensing & Commercial Supply and Research Sales Teams for opportunities relating to sale of make-to-order products manufactured in Vienna.
2). Communicate customer requirements to internal Operations staff to ensure expectations are met and the organization is aligned for fulfilling customer orders. This function includes quoting business terms to customers/sales representatives, working with Research & Development, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Manufacturing and Packaging to establish new product documentation and make new custom products available for orders.
- Support/work with Sales to achieve territory sales goals. Includes product training, determine technical feasibility of opportunities, price quoting, assist in lead generation.
- Serve as central point of contact for Sales to assist in customer inquiries, troubleshooting issues.
- Interface with internal Operations to assess feasibility of large volume and custom opportunities.
- Coordinate and prepare new product documentation for large volume and custom product orders.
- Prepare price quotations within guidelines, and also assure acceptable profitability and business case for large volume and custom products sold.
- Coordinate supply agreements and other documentation requirements with guidance by Manager.
- Participate in team meetings and prepare ongoing status reports on territory goals.
- Maintain appropriate records per Company guidelines, and as directed by Manager.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Must have experience with protein chemistry, immunology, or cell biology via prior work experience and education.
- Travel: Occasional overnight travel.
- Other: Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in ELISA assay development is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing projects is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years sales or support experience in life science industry serving industrial accounts.
Ability to communicate in oral and written form in an effective manner.
Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to network in an effective and professional manner with external companies and within the internal organization.
- Demonstrate good team-building skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Minimum 2 years sales or support experience in life science industry.
- Technical understanding
- Demonstrate high level of organizational skills to manage multiple sales opportunities on an efficient basis to maximize revenue opportunity.