Job ID :
Costa Rica - Lagunilla
- Leadership and Management of the NA Finance SSC Credit & Collections function, responsible for operational performance and providing strategic guidance and direction to the function
- Full operational responsibility for the Credit & Collections function to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved including operational performance, people management and development and adhering to compliance requirements together with supporting and implementing on transformation requirements
- Establish, grow and lead the Credit & Collections team within NA Finance SSC
- Develop and translate the vision and strategy of Credit & Collections from a systems, process, policy and procedures perspective
- Review performance metric dashboards to ensure that resources across assigned teams are properly utilized and implement improvement initiatives accordingly
- Challenging the status quo and championing new ideas
- Designing and implementing ways to streamline and standardize operations, which includes creating metrics for success
- Act as a Business Partner to the Thermo Finance organization, and North America local Finance controllers and other business stakeholders. Playing a key role in the development of global financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the Credit & Collections group
- Understanding the functionality, interfaces and interdependencies of Thermo Fisher’s financial processes and systems, and ensuring the existence of adequate internal controls where required
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and propose innovative solutions so the Credit & Collections area can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner and achieve targeted budget savings
- Membership of the NA Finance SSC senior leadership team with joint responsibility for managing center-wide operational requirements and leading strategic initiatives as necessary for the NA Finance SSC
- Oversee the implementation of complex projects/issues which require experience and significant Credit & Collections technical abilities. Work collaboratively with business units and others to execute approved projects. Manage integration or project efforts related to acquisitions & divestitures.
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and SOX related internal control documentation where required
- Support the Internal and External audits and SOX compliance initiatives as necessary
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA preferred though not essential
- Credit Management Qualification preferred though not essential
- Strong demonstrated people management and development skills
- Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects.
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty, and capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to analytically review and challenge statutory financial statements to ensure completeness, accuracy, adherence to accounting standards etc.
- Willingness to travel for meetings and projects
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- JDE, SAP, Oracle, and AP technology experience an advantage
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with business partners, peers, and upper management.
- Process improvement experience (i.e. PPI, Six Sigma) background a plus
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- 5 to 10 years of related-business experience; prior experience in Shared Services preferred
- Minimum 10 years of management and supervisory experience
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- ERP experience
- Fluency in English