When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work Safely
- Ability to Read and understand product and packaging specifications and the production schedule
- Perform Machine Changeovers in a safe and timely manner.
- Load correct raw material caps into hopper
- Ensure containers are capped to meet quality and productivity standards
- Inspect finished product before packing to ensure acceptability
- Operate required manufacturing equipment which could include; bar coder, conveyors, carton taper, shrink machine, cardboard baler and scales
- Ability to perform light/preventive maintenance
- Provide back-up support to other Assemblers and Capper Operators
- Train new Capper Operators as needed
- Correctly Record the necessary production data
- Keep work areas clean and neat
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Recommend acceptability of products/processes.
- Make recommendations to Supervisor /Quality Engineer on process /product problems and improvements.
- Stop a process and notify management immediately of a safety Hazard develops
Specific Scope Data
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Problem solving skills up to and including ability to perform light/preventive maintenance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.