When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Description Summary
Senior Market Development Manager for real-time PCR (qPCR) business, focused on product launches and communicating our portfolio of solutions for real-time PCR. The successful candidate will be a member of our qPCR Platform Business Unit, responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical implementation of activities and deliverables supporting key product lines and application areas, and executing-to-plan in cross-functional teams. S/he will drive all aspects of the downstream marketing effort for real-time PCR instrument and software product lines.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans for areas of responsibility, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, and staging and pacing of marketing tactical programs
- Guide the development of copy and creative content for applicable markets, appropriately positioning products for customer segments, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans among Product Management, Regional Market Development Partners, Commercial Leaders, and other stakeholders
- Develop and execute engaging marketing campaigns to achieve measurable results for new and/or existing products
- Successfully engage with advertising agencies and marketing program managers to deliver high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction and content for print and digital collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Propose and execute on customer and market research programs to provide key market insights and actionable business outcomes
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity relevant to the product lines and relevant markets
- Partner with Product Management and Regional Marketing Managers to develop and deliver sales training and support materials
- Manage marketing budgets and optimize the promotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, KOL engagement and management, and public presentation
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, or other life science is preferred. A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, with previous work experience in biotechnology, medical devices, or pharmaceutical industry is also acceptable. PhD, MS and/or MBA are desirable.
- 5-7+ years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in the genomics, molecular biology, or molecular diagnostic arenas.
- Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex global, matrix environments, including managing expectations of multiple stakeholders across business units and regions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to senior leadership and large audiences
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with a strong attention to detail
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
- Develop and deliver presentations and trainings for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing and customers
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Approximately 10-15% domestic and international travel
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.