When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Reviews and modifies orders upon receipt and initiates order processing cycle.
- Resolves order problems with customer regarding pricing, availability, terms, delivery, entity, etc.
- Participates as a key member of the overall call center.
- Interact with other departments and sites to ensure timely shipment of orders. Expedite as required.
- Prepare quotes and respond to RFQ’s.
- Achieve fundamental knowledge of all product lines and operational processes to ensure on-time shipping for these orders managed out of the call center.
- Provide return authorizations and assist in accounting issues.
- Process credits as needed, and assist accounting team on resolving post shipment issues and discrepancies.
- Process credit card orders expeditiously and correctly for prompt billing.
- Notification to customer proactively on impending shipments.
- Aware of SOPs and asks questions as appropriate
- Handle warranty issues including replacements and return of faulty items
- Manage fax servers/email boxes to ensure orders and inquiries are handled in a timely manner
- Manage key accounts as assigned
- Work closely with sales on any account issues or special handling of orders
- Work directly with sales and applications teams on large systems order ensuring timely entry and setup of orders
- Distribute order confirmations to customers, distributors and sales managers
- Support Front Desk as necessary
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement events
- Interface with freight forwarders regarding shipments and any issues
- Screening of every order to ensure export compliance
- Organize and maintain order and shipment files in accordance with US/UK custom export and corporate retention policies
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Customer Service
- Strong computer, reporting, and analytical skills
- Technical aptitude experience in equipment, service and support environment
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Understanding of SAP and/or AS400
- Understanding of order transaction and supply chain
- Proficient with the MS Suite of products
- Detail-Oriented and strong team-work skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience working in a call center environment
- International shipping, documentation, incoterms, logistics experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.