Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership,we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide teams is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Introduction, the World needs answers
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. There’s an enormous variety of applications of our tools for our customers! From research to create better medicines and finding a cure for cancer, to examining how the structure wafers are build up and how the paint of a sport car can be improved! It's just a small grip out of these varieties.
- FEI’s corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- FEI’s life sciences business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Insight in Avizo 3d SW https://www.fei.com/software/avizo-3d/
- Blog ASG SW Technical lead Eindhoven http://www.talentbox.nl/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
- Blog ASG designer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
The Corporate Technology Software Group
A part of the R&D organization is the Corporate Technology Software Group.
This group is responsible for the development of the platform and microscope control software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM), like optics and motion control as well as cameras and detectors.
This group is committed to bring value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The platform software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Brno (Czech), and Russia. The organization in Eindhoven consists of around 50 software engineers.
As a (Senior) Software Test Engineer in the SSIT (System Software Integration and Test) group in R&D you are responsible for setting up test designs, implementing automatic tests, keeping the test automation framework up-to-date and performing additional Quality Assurance activities (e.g. review specifications on quality aspects).
In this position the (Senior) Software Test Engineer will be part of a small team that is focusing on test automation. You will initiate improvements to safeguard product quality in future products, and you are experienced in using software technology to fulfill your tasks (develop automatic tests, use test coverage analysis tools, etc.). You will be working in close cooperation with the Test Architect, System Validation Engineers and Software Engineers to assure optimum coverage at several test levels (module-, integration- and system level).
Our customers range from top level academic research institutes where ultimate image resolution is key, to industrial R&D and quality control where reliability and fast results are a must. In all cases our customers expect not just a top performing electron microscope, but an end-to-end ecosystem that provides answers for their questions.
Software Quality Assurance and Testing is a continuously growing competence within Thermo Fisher Scientific, offering opportunities for taking a share in competence development in our R&D department.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Write test designs, implement automatic tests, and review test designs of colleagues
- Perform test automation feasibility research
- Review requirements, User stories and software designs, and assess risks
- Maintain an environment and tools to automate test execution and reporting
- Execute tests and analyzing test results
- Clear ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software applications
- Chase and support problem solving by developers
- Initiate and support product quality improvements
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Technical Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or in Mechanical, Electrical or System Engineering or Physics in combination with certified software engineering knowledge and skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in test design, automation and/or software development
- Experience with test automation and test automation frameworks in an embedded SW environment
- Experience with quality improvement (processes and products)
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies
- Working experience with Agile / Scrum
- Good understanding of test processes, methodologies and standards, preferably underpinned by an ISTQB certification
- Strong programming skills (C# / C++ / scripting languages)
- Hands-on approach
- Strong communication skills
- Structured way of working
- Eagerness/drive to get results (also from others) within project timelines
- Combination of orderliness and technical skills