Nature and Scope:
Confers with Distribution management staff to implement plans and recommendations.
Develop management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis, and design production planning and control systems to coordinate activities and ensure product quality.
Apply the concepts of lean manufacturing to all our operations.
Provide a continuous improvement resource and skill set for use by the whole operations function utilizing an extensive tool set e.g. statistics, problem solving, six sigma tools etc.
Manage the development, design, justification and implementation of process improvement opportunities identified.
Initiate, plan and implement projects to achieve cost reduction in the supply chain.
Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope
Performs duties independently with minimal instruction given on new projects or assignments. Job holder encounters problems of diverse scope and complexity.
A bachelor's degree in industrial engineering preferred. Recent graduates with degrees in engineering, a physical science or mathematics may be considered, with relevant experience.
Knowledge of chemical or biotech industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
Black belt certified preferable.
Knowledge of computer applications and systems is desirable (MS office, MS Project, Mini-tab).
2+ years in a process and / or industrial related field.
Highly experienced in continuous improvement and in the implementation of lean and six sigma projects is advantageous.
- May be involved in projects in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 50 lbs., as well as work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Must be agreeable to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to train employees on process improvements or procedures.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
- Must be able to achieve and pass training and proficiency standards to operate Powered Industrial Equipment.
- Must be able to maintain Powered Industrial Equipment certification standards during the length of employment
The nature of the operation’s working environment is conducive to varying degrees of stress throughout the day. The physical and emotional demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.