|When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.|
Familiarity with working in a laboratory setting with glassware, washers and autoclaves.
• Daily pickup of utilized glassware from labs, wash, sterilize, and redistribute to satellite storage areas
• Operation of glassware washers, autoclaves
• Maintain good house keeping
• Interact daily with scientific staff
• Reporting metric’s to management
• Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass
• Maintain glassware processing schedules and flexible to fast paced changing priorities
• Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement
• Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer
• Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility
• Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations
• Follow all SOP guidelines as required
• Follow Glasswash and autoclave machine operating procedures including basic operational preventive maintenance
• Desktop deliveries as needed
• Logbooks Managemant
• Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
• 0 to 3 years of progressive relevant experience preferred.
• Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
• Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
• Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
• Proven excellence in customer service skills.
• Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
• Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
• Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
• Must possess the operating skills learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
• Proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
• Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
• Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
• Show concern for well-being & success of others.
• Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
• Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
• Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
• Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
• Works primarily at customer locations, in office open area and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
• May be required to work independently at customer location.
• Extensive walking may be required.
• May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
• Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
• May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
• Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, hairnets and/or safety gloves .
• Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
• Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.