As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of Thermo Fisher’s North American sales efforts at specific customer sites. This customer focused position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- Perform high quality TEM product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher partners and customers, particularly those in the Semiconductor and Science marketplace.
- Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions.
- Providing technical product expertise assistance with all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
- Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument has been installed.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
- Process development and other technical deliverables at the customer site.
- Deliver Best Practice Document customization to customer-specific processes, write production recipes and run qualification experiments to drive the use of Thermo Fisher's tools in production.
- Guide the customer in writing production recipes and qualification experiments to drive the production use of Thermo Fisher’s tools.
- Act as a primary communication conduit to the factory by reporting engineering and production issues from the customer to Thermo Fisher.
- Troubleshoot and report software and hardware issues and escalate as necessary.
- Provide feedback to engineering on system performance, features and problems.
- Recommend and advise on direction for potential applications consistent with customer requirements and technical feasibility.
- Provide technical support to SSD, R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Service and other departments as required.
- Typically requires a University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics, an advanced degree is preferred.
- High level understanding of semiconductor device processing, statistical process control, device physics and failure analysis techniques.
- Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with TEM/STEM is required. Knowledge of advanced analytical techniques required. Knowledge of correctors preferred.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a relevant position within the electronics/research
- Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as fault finding techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes.
- Typically requires approximately 5+ years’ experience in a relevant commercial/research/production establishment with recent experience utilizing Microscopy technology in sample characterization.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
- Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams
- Frequent traveling and ability to travel both domestically internationally, possession of a valid passport.
- Experience with process development and manufacturing process technology in target markets and applications (i.e., Semiconductor, MEMS, Data Storage).
- Experience with operation of capital equipment or related tools used for Yield Enhancement, Defect or Root Cause Analysis, Metrology and related applications.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.