Logistics Specialist position exists to manage the logistics function, with a clear focus on the customer service levels. Responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of all Logistics (Inbound, Trade compliances and Outbound) of Life Sciences Solutions Division (LSG)-Thermo Fisher Scientific India and South Asia as per the processes and procedures as globally aligned operationally to ensure a fast, accurate, efficient, cost effective and global consistent service.
- Leading a Team of 3-4 members.
- Ensure all Logistics and Distribution plans have an integrated approach to the organizations strategic objectives
- Responsible for the oversight of Materials and inventory in-line with the business needs.
- Responsible for Trade compliance and In-bound Logistics. Control Goods In Transit (GIT) as per the agreed transit time
- Closely work with Distribution Centre and 3PL staff to ensure all inbound materials are in warded accurately physically and in system. Highlight the discrepancies formally and regularly to shipping location(s) aligning Finance function
- Build strong relationships with Shipping companies, Freight Forwarders, CHA, Custom offices and Port authorities to maximize efficiency of stock receiving at Distribution Centre(s)
- Ensuring coordination between Logistics and Distribution for on time shipping of out-bound Customer supplies.
- Establish and manage to metrics to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and adequate shelf life of all shipments.
- Managing Inventory, driving Bincounts and DCC and achieving Cycle Count and Finance Metrics.
- Responsible for On Time Delivery (OTD) and Carrier performance are reviewed and evaluated regularly.
- Support Perfect Order Index (POI) and Order Cycle Time (OCT)
- Manage Local Delivery Vans for City supplies and Forecast Transport costs
- Provide monthly reports to the respective stakeholders as per agreed internal understanding
- Ensure harmonization and consistency between all operational teams to provide internal and external customers with consistent services and processes.
- Ensure total compliance with corporate policy and procedures and all local laws.
- Ensure appropriate ethical standards (Code of Conduct) are observed.
- Drive Cost Savings Projects and ensure spend is within the budget
- Graduate in any discipline.
- Complete knowledge in Customs/Excise activities is mandatory.
- Logistics & Distribution qualifications are preferable
- Qualification of handling Dangerous Goods is preferable.
Minimum of 8-10 years practical experience in Imports/Exports, Domestic Logistics, Inventory Management and Trade Compliances knowledge and People Management.
Distribution management experience
Distribution/Imports/Exports and Compliance management experience.
Competencies & Person Specifications
- Excellent management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and working knowledge in JDE and SAP is preferable
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- A practical, logical and systematic approach
- Close attention to detail and the ability to note inconsistencies
- Excellent analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- A driven self-starter that leads an effective team
- Proven record of experience and success in a senior management role
- Commitment to staff training and development
- Work is performed primarily in Distribution Centre, EOU involved in R&D and Manufacturing mostly handling Cold Chain products.