The Chemical Sales Specialist is responsible for representing the Laboratory Chemical Products Brand portfolio to customers and supports the channel partners across Spain
This role reports to the Regional Sales Manager and involves selling the chemical brands from a general perspective and a project specific approach.
Location: Madrid or Barcelona (with around 80% travel across Spain)
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the company under the brands Fisher Chemical, Acros Organics, BioReagents, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge, including bulk.
- Act as an ambassador of Thermo Fisher Scientific and fully embrace the company values.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers
- Achieve the sales plan for the territory.
- Develop a territory sales plan, including a Target Account Plan.
- Analyze sales on a monthly basis, noting reasons for business deviations, together with corrective actions to be taken.
- Build relationships with all channel partners, particularly field based sales, acting as a specialist support at key accounts.
- Provide reports on a regular basis as requested. Such reports will include customer visit reports, pipeline monitoring, target account progress, etc.
- Make sales presentations and attend exhibitions/conferences.
- Submit enquiries and actively follow up quotations with the aim of maximizing numbers and conversion rates.
This role is field based, and it is expected that 85% of the Specialist’s time will be spent interfacing with customers and working closely with channel partners.
Due to the size of the territory, and the global nature of the business, overnight stays will be expected. Sales support will be provided by the Manager, Marketing, Operations and Customer Service teams.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Field based experience operating in a commercial environment within the chemicals market.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Chemistry or equivalent
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with a pleasant and confident manner at all levels of customer contact.
- Tenacity and determination to exceed targets.
- Good organizational skills with clear prioritization of short and long term tasks.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility.
- Availability to travel across Spain up to 80% of the time
- Clean driving license