Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Thermo Fisher Scientific stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMO.
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to join the HR Technology Services team and lead the People Data Management Capability within the People Analytics & Big Data group. This team is responsible for ensuring we have meaningful and accurate data across all HR platforms to enable our leaders to make better data-driven decisions.
In this role, you will own the creation and implementation of an end-to-end data quality framework and governance model to continuously improve the health of people data. You will also lead, mentor, and develop the data analysts who are designing, testing and building the tools and processes to manage and analyze people data. We are looking for someone who can think strategically as well as roll up their sleeves, lead by example and design practical and efficient solutions.
- Develop and lead the People Data Management Capability
- Drives and takes ownership of data integrity continuous improvements, allowing us to make better data-driven decisions and find key insights
- Collaborates with subject matter experts across HR to promote data governance and stewardship and to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight
- Build, lead and manage our Global Data Advisory Council and create a people data management community to help build awareness and collaboration
- Develop an internal statistical modeling capability within the team to help HR study data for key projects
- The key resource that HR, and other departments, rely on to provide information on what data resides in our various HR systems, and how best to deliver the desired output. Develop a data dictionary across all of our platforms.
- Effectively identify, track, prioritize and troubleshoot data issues when they arise in HR applications, reports, intranet
- Identify People data collection and storage gaps and help implement solutions to properly collect useful information
- Develop requirements documentation for various business/HR initiatives
- Monitor the integrity of People data through regular audits, troubleshooting irregularities, as well as researching and correcting discrepancies, and ensuring compliance
- Understand the data housed in our HR systems that support key HR programs; offer solutions on how to access the data
- Understand Workday functionality to offer recommendations for how to fix and prevent data integrity issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or related area or equivalent years of experience
- 2-4+ years HR systems support experience – requirements gathering & analysis, data management
- Proven track record of supporting HR systems and process in large, global complex organization
- Strong understanding of HR Systems & Process and Data
- Strong HR process & initiative acumen and technical aptitude
- Candidate must be a self-starter who possesses a drive for making improvements, strong customer focus, command skills, comfortable implementing change, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Excellent knowledge of business software and spreadsheet applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills in order to acquire trust of business partners
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications
- Must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is necessary
- Previous work experience with Workday HCM, Power BI, Kenexa, R, Python a plus
- People management experience a plus