Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Allentown
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I’s: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Leads internal and external resources to maintain the stable operation of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC and control systems, central utility plant operations and facility systems on a 24 hour per day, 365 day per year schedule.
- Maintains the building equipment and utility infrastructure and coordinates a wide variety of short and long term infrastructure priorities and projects.
- Manages the maintenance function budget and contract administration for related vendors. Maintains and records data for electric, natural gas and water usage.
- Coordinates with the Facilities Planner Scheduler to schedule maintenance work with all site functions and outside service contractors. Coordinates meetings as required based on seasonal requirements, maintenance shutdowns, or as performance issues arise.
- Ensures all maintenance work is properly documented and entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Manages Facility Systems and personnel to ensure that all training and maintenance are up to date and properly documented. Facility Systems include but are not limited to Building Automation Systems, all air handling and dehumidification systems, exhaust systems, cold storage refrigeration systems, chilled water systems (chillers, pumps, cooling towers), boiler systems and feedwater, hot water systems (heating and domestic), potable water, compressed air, electrical (normal and emergency power), UPS, fire alarm, sprinkler systems and security systems.
- Monitors the Building Automation System daily for alarms, notifies area and site management, and completes necessary documentation.
- Routinely observes facilities to detect malfunctions and ensure safe and effective operation according to the manufacturers specifications and SOPs. Evaluates mechanical performance, processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses causes of non-compliant systems operation and completes repairs/adjustments to return systems to original operating specification. Conducts technical investigation and writes deviation investigation reports and provides subject matter expertise for facilities systems.
- Participates and completes required training sessions for facilities operations, standard operating procedures, regulatory site procedures, quality, safety, etc.
- Prior experience managing the operation of a Maintenance Department.
- Trade school or Associates degree and a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible equipment installation, building maintenance and repair experience in facility maintenance activities, including boiler operations, HVAC and refrigeration equipment and processes.
- Experience interfacing and utilizing Building Automation Systems.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC, utility, and refrigeration operation and performance from test equipment readings and daily monitoring trend charts and determining appropriate repairs.
- Experience with equipment predictive, preventative, and calibration programs and requirements.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, P&ID’s and engineering drawings of equipment.
- Basic PC literacy including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and Building Automation Systems.
- BS degree in Engineering with 5-7 years of direct Maintenance Management experience.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical and/or packaging setting with cGMP knowledge.