Job Title: Test and Assembly Technician
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reports to: Production Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- QC Checkout testing of automated control systems and sensors
- Assembling, cabling, programming controllers and debugging automated bio-reactor systems based on Emerson DeltaV platform
- Assembling, modifying and debugging major subsystems
- Tru-Logic (Delta V)
- Modifying, debugging Control Towers
- SUB agitators, etc
- Programming transmitters and controllers
- Building cables, hoses etc. as needed
- Building, testing and modifying Mass Flow Controller Manifolds
- Upgrades and upgrade kits
- Stage systems for integration and final test/QC
- Support Integration and Factory Acceptance Testing as needed
- Support Production Planning on Work Order requirements, parts issued etc.
- Able to lift 25-30 lbs. unassisted
- Job duties may include standing, bending, kneeling, reaching overhead, lying down and elevated surfaces to access certain sections of the control systems
- Ability to redline/correct released drawings and documents
- Additional assemblies and job related duties as required
- System teardown and packaging for shipment
- AS degree, relevant trade school diploma
- 4+ years in a similar system level testing environment
- Electrical assembly, test and debug to the major components in sub assy boxes (defective: OEM components, cables, PCBA’s, etc)
- Mechanical Assembly from box build to system assy levels
- Programming OEM and internally designed electronic components (sensor transmitters, motor controller etc.)
- Troubleshooting system to below sub system level at major component level using wiring diagrams, assy blue prints etc.
- Production planning. Must understand work orders, take ownership of parts kits once issued, follow production plans and stay aligned with production planners
- Able to use PLM documentation systems to extract product documentation
- Able to red-line BOM’s and other product documentation for review and update by engineers.
- MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- PC setup and navigation, keyboarding
- Advanced Technical Degree or related Military Training
- 5+ years in a similar system level testing environment
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.