The Senior Engineering Project Manager will focus on planning, managing and executing Ion Chromatography/Sample Preparation development projects. These projects can range from a large scope new product development project to portfolio of small/medium scale projects. Will be responsible for defining resource and budget needs for the project(s), establishing time-lines with contingency plans, risk assessment, and overall management of the cross functional project team. Additional responsibilities will include interacting with finance to develop and assess business case for the project, and present the outcome to the ICSP portfolio decision team (PDT)
- Reviewing and negotiating Product Requirements Documents and plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing the project.
- Establishes work plans for each project in accordance with the Design Control Procedure in coordination with Product Management, Manufacturing, Engineering and/or R&D groups.
- Works with finance to establish and update project financials as warranted.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budgets.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares and delivers project reports for management, such as interim progress and phase exit reports
- Confers with project personnel to resolve problems.
- Provide leadership to cross functional team.
- Support NPDI processes and activities under the supervision of the Director of Engineering and Sr. Director of Program Management, IC/SP.
- Provides feedback to the developmental managers on the performance of the team members on the project team.
- Bachelors in Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong Project Management experience within a highly technical development environment.
- Managing NPDI (New Product Development Introduction) projects in diagnostic, life science, or analytical industry strongly preferred.
- PMP certification is a strong plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience.
- Experience managing cross functional teams strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing portfolio of projects is significant plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex technical, business, and legal documents.
- Understanding of financial parameters like ROI, NPD preferred
- Competency in project planning tools required.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management.
- Strong problem solver with a bias for action.
- Strategic thinking and experience in optimizing “Time to Market”.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight time and budget constraints.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels, facilitate teamwork and resolve conflict.
Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.