To design and manage projects for insourcing, outsourcing, and supplier changes of raw material and/or finished goods for the Chemical and Biological commodities. This includes the ability to interface with multiple Thermo Fisher groups, along with senior management and our external vendors to affect change. Furthermore, having the ability to foster technical relationships, and handle conflicts with confidence and integrity.
The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace is required. Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required. The ability to verbally communicate technical strategies and then translate those strategies into an accurate concise written document is critical for success.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment; has ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Team player and team builder
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Proven ability to lead complex and/or virtual program teams
- Experienced leader or project manager of cross-functional teams- facilitating communication, decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify, document and communicate project risks and contingency plans
- Develop project tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements
- Create, maintain and organize necessary documentation and records; responsible for the quality of project deliverables and documentation
- Exercise scope management with consideration for the customer, team, and company needs
- Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets
- Study product requirements- design testing and manufacturing systems to meet requirements.
- Perform statistical analysis to analyze trends, and work with team(s) to conduct root cause analysis and to recommend and implement corrective actions for processes.
- Investigate, design, and implement control systems and methods to ensure product quality and equivalency
- Develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of quality, manufacturing, and financial drivers.
- Deliver training mechanisms for new/modified processes.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications (must have):
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and manage cross-functional teams, influence business partners and get results through others. High-level business acumen.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to communicate across all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent leadership, customer orientation, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Flexibility and understanding of business impact to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to travel. Travel both domestically and internationally approximately 10-25% of the time.
- Ability to work in a laboratory, warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of established Quality Systems, ISO regulations and/or cGMP
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, chemistry, immunology or related relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of industry technical experience in manufacturing of biotechnology products.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Advanced Continuous improvement Experience (lean, PPI, Six Sigma, 5S)
- Knowledge of enterprise resource systems such as E1 or SAP.
- Experience in interacting with external clients, and the ability to present technical content to small and large audiences.