The HSE advisor will work closely with the HSE Manager, to manage day to day aspects of Fisher Clinical Services sites HSE compliance, such activity as control of inspections and audits of the company assets, procedures and infrastructure. These activities will be carried out in accordance with all current statutory, regulatory and company safety and quality standards and associated or subscribed standards including ISO14001 and OHSAS18001/ISO45001. The HSE advisor will undertake such activity as relevant to the role and maintenance of company objectives, to include such activity as training, management and control of day to day aspect of HSE programs. Other important aspect of the position includes liaising with internal/external customers and departments to improve HSE performance indicators. Ensure HSE related incidents are reported and investigated appropriately and monitor incidents and report on trends to site team. To observe and maintain strict confidentiality of personal information relating to staff. Co-ordinate the Health and Safety Champions forum. Co-ordinate a First Aider and Spillage team forum. Co-ordinate HSE and GEP Management systems. Assist in Contractor control and Waste control activities.
Success in this aspect of the role will be demonstrated through meeting Key Performance Indicator targets for HSE.
- Quality: To implement, maintain and advise on HSE matters to customers within Fisher Clinical Services. This will be in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company standards, procedures and systems that are relevant to cGMP Systems in the workplace. Complete investigation reports, corrective actions, change controls, COSHH, HSE procedures relevant to cGMP environment.
- Customer Allegiance: To ensure the availability and reliability/accuracy of all facility reports in order that they can achieve the plans to satisfy customer requirements. This will be achieved through continued monitoring and updating of the FCSMS (Fisher Clinical Services management System). To manage appropriate third party relationships (eg: HSE, EA, LA, Occupational Health Consultant etc)
- Improvement & Efficiency: To lead, participate and contribute to Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects that deliver business HSE objectives in a cost effective manner. To drive best practice across all areas in company business and be responsible, with management support, for their own personal development and to actively contribute to the development of colleagues.
You will have
- A high degree of personal initiative, motivation and enthusiasm is absolutely essential for the role
- Ability to communicate well with staff at all levels, complex and sometimes sensitive information
- Confident and approachable
- Relevant experience of Environmental Aspects within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Relevant experience of Health and Safety within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- IOSH Managing Safety
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Must have experience of Microsoft Office (basic level or above)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Experience required of:
- Working within a pharmaceutical GMP environment.
- Experience in a Health and Safety role