Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Team Leader is responsible for assisting the Operations Supervisor in the organization and coordination of all manufacturing activities, and for overseeing employees on their shift. Maintains and improves operational efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance. Provides employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently, and encourages positive employee motivation and job satisfaction. The team lead will be reporting to a production supervisor.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to and that personnel are compliant.
- With the Supervisor or Human Resources, conduct employee counselling as needed to maintain discipline and order.
- Promote production effectiveness by communicating and cooperating with other departments and shifts to maintain or improve quantity or quality of production.
- Participate in interviewing applicants and candidate selection process.
- Provide training for new and existing employees via departmental meetings and individual training sessions, to enhance skills, and improve overall quality of production. Review and update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) according to ISO requirements and current accepted manufacturing practices (cGMP).
- Investigating production problems and failures. Identify possible causes and assist in finding solutions.
- Track, monitor and analyze production performance indicators for the purpose of controlling and reducing waste/scrap and improving efficiencies.
- Monitor efficiency of production systems and suggest equipment, adjustments, repairs and modifications to enhance the system.
- Ensure that all production equipment is validated and operating within specifications.
- Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Execute corrective action and make recommendations when warranted.
- Organize production flow on a daily basis according to established time and production schedules.
- Review daily production records for compliance to SOP’s.
- Enforce appropriate departmental housekeeping.
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Delegate additional responsibilities to cover workload during absences.
- Operate production equipment if needed.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment for the safety of the employees, reporting any actual or potential safety hazards to JHSC and Senior Management.
- Promotes continuous improvement on site, utilizing lean principles (PPI, 5S and Kaizen)
- Performs assignments independently with minimal instructions from management. Able to manage and prioritize own time.
- Minimum 3 years of overall operations experience demonstrating clear progression, and success in various situations including:
- Managing people
- Participation as member of JHSC
- Works with composure and a focus to detail
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Must be willing to work shifts (including a 10am to 6:30pm shift)
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities are preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.