When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor and QC Manager, is responsible for following defined QC procedures for production molding and assembly to ensure only acceptable components, assemblies and finish good products are approved and accepted. The Non-conformance reporting system will be followed for identification and control of non-conforming materials.
- Be able to inspect and follow QC procedures in designated work areas after completion of training.
- Be able to use QC measuring and test equipment in designated work area.
- Be able to understand and use quality control inspection plans, standard test procedures, Eng. drawings and other Eng. specifications.
- Effectively perform inspection operations and report inspection results in the SAP quality module.
- Issue non-conformance reports and follow NCR procedures.
- Maintain quality records in compliance to company procedures, and have good documentation practices.
- Be able to communicate inspection findings with appropriate Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering personnel.
- Maintain measurement equipment in good working condition and/or identify equipment that is not.
- Provide training to new trainees in the Inspector certification program.
- Perform general housekeeping in work area and follow 6S procedures as directed by Supervisor.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- At least 1 to 3 years experience in plastic molding manufacturing with additional time as a Quality Inspector a plus.
- Experience reading and interpreting Eng. Drawings preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.