Job Title: Supervisor Accounts Payable
Reports To: AP Manager
Group/Division: Corporate Finance
Career Band: 06
Job Track: Management
Position Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Number of Direct Reports: 6
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
Position Summary:. This position is responsible for supervising Accounts Payable process execution for NA AIG . It supervises and maintains the organization, integrity, compliance, timeliness and accuracy of invoice processing including receipt, index, process and troubleshoot of invoices for US. Ensures proper support for external and internal customers. This position monitors, prepares and/or reviews all periodic statistics and reporting and ensures timely and accurate compliance with schedules and KPI metrics.
- Provides daily interaction, training, direction and oversight of staff activities to ensure coordination, accuracy and timely delivery of work outputs.
- Performs all functions associated with balancing and monitoring invoice processing on a daily basis
- Monitors and troubleshoots invoice fall outs on a daily basis to ensure payment due date adherence
- Oversees and timeliness accuracy of invoice processing
- Monitors accuracy and timeliness of journal entry, uploads, accounts payable reconciliations, and related management reporting.
- Oversees customer support inquiries as well as monitoring queues and daily workload distribution.
- Adheres to Internal Audit guidelines and provides reporting as requested.
- Provides daily/weekly/monthly performance statistics to Procurement, Taxes & Finance Departments.
- Ensures quality in customer service levels are maintained both internally and externally.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as require within the functional area
- This position has the supervisory/administrative responsibility for development of staff members, including hiring, performance development and annual review, disciplinary actions, coaching and counseling, personal development and career advancement, succession planning, etc.
- Systems, Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain financial controls.
- Effective training skills and team building capabilities for rapid ramp-up of functional tasks within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; strong oral and written communication, presentation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to learn and apply SAP and ancillary computer system knowledge.
- Experience leading continuous process improvement projects leading to significant time or bottom line savings.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface with all levels of management, tailoring message appropriately for recipients.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with peers, and upper management.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively
- Pays attention to details, produces accurate work and consistently meets deadlines.
- Ability to make accurate and timely decisions pertaining to accounts payable processes; understands the urgency and impact to both customers and the corporation.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university preferred, or 5 years of progressive AP experience in a Fortune 500 company will be considered.
- SAP knowledge
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory experience
- Proficient in English