Firmware lead engineer will be a member of a global R&D team, involved in investigations on new product technology. Responsibilities include work from India engineering Center with global cross functional team and external R&D partners. Define the embedded software/firmware sub system, system requirements from product requirements. You will contribute to all phases of embedded software development. You will work on problems/projects of diverse complexity; Exercise independent judgment to identify and recommend a design solution; Acquire and apply subject matter knowledge to solve product/customer issues and implement recommended solutions.
• Derive product level requirements into system/sub system level functional requirements.
• Work independently and with vendor resources to implement new/existing product design projects requirements.
• Create, own design input & output document deliverables within the project.
• Work with cross functional teams to execute the project.
• Work with verification and validation engineers to ensure quality deliverables with thorough test plans and test execution
• Promote and create standardization and re-usable design libraries that can be reused in subsequent projects.
• Perform code Review to ensure quality of firmware developed by the design team.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of technical experience in embedded software/Firmware development with 2 years experience as a technical/team lead.
• Experience in Embedded Linux and Linux driver development is must.
• Good experience in firmware development with 8, 16, 32 bit Controllers / Processors.
• Proficient in assembly language programming and debugging.
• Strong knowledge /experience with embedded systems firmware development for sensors & control application algorithm developments.
• 5+ years experienced in embedded C programming with good understanding of Embedded Linux, Win CE real-time OS, Board Support Packages, API calls, foreground loops with interrupts.
• Experience in implementing wired and wireless communications protocols, device communication protocols and standard bus interfaces.
• Experience in source control systems such as SVN or equivalent and bug tracking databases such as Bugzilla or equivalent required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Experience with debugging using Trace-32 / Windbg or equivalent is required.
• Knowledge of multiple firmware design tools and languages
• Prior work experience in Laboratory equipment product development
• Experience with Designing, developing firmware and integration with other sub-systems