Product Conversion Specialist
Band 5 professional
Loughborough, Research and Safety Division
The Product Conversion Specialist supporting key customers is dedicated to identifying product savings opportunities, project planning, sales support, and tracking in order to meet the expectations of the customer contract. This position will routinely work cross functionally with Product Management, Supply Chain, E-Business, and Unity Labs on behalf of RSD. The successful candidate will have product knowledge but also be engaged in operations through significant commercial interactions with internal teams.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain Product Conversion Roadmap with Sales Leadership. Develop internal project plan to ensure cross referencing, pricing, and tracking requirements are met according to customer commitments. Identify key customer processes that must be integrated into the project plan.
- Support the sales team by preparing materials to present the recommendations and savings opportunities to the customer and then ensure Sales are prepared to deliver the material to the customer.
- Provide consultation to the Sales team on how to set customer expectations and manage/be aware of potential conflict or change management.
- Provide updates relative to program progress and success metrics as needed for internal and external business reviews.
- Understand customer contract and ensure alignment of activities.
- Participate in Sales processes such as routine calls, Account Management Team Meetings, weekly reports, conversion/opportunity tracking. Participant will work closely with Field Sales and Industry Director.
- Identify missed opportunities and further drive customer compliance by providing Field Sales with the appropriate resources and tools to work directly with end-users on conversions.
- Leverage the supplier community and Cross Reference Services tools to identify cross references needed to implement the product plans. Complete additional cross referencing if needed and ensure crosses are loaded into systems such that they flow through to relevant customers’ e-commerce platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree
· Relevant laboratory experience
· Broad knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and consumables
· Familiarity with major laboratory supply brands, both internal and external to company
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility with priorities
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Candidate must have a science background
· Service oriented work ethic
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products and an ability to quickly grasp new software tools (proficiency with Excel required and Cognos preferred)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a diverse range of colleagues.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills and comfort with data analysis and reporting.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th August 2017