Sales Representative – Chromatography
As the Sales Representative, you will a key member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Trace Chemical Analysis sales team. In this role you will report to the Regional Sales Manager, selling Thermo Fisher’s portfolio of Chromatography (GC, GC/MS, IC, LC, and single quad LC/MS) products to an assigned territory (region includes portions of Northern Virginia, portions of West Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceeds annual budget and goal as defined by management.
- Develops a business plan to achieve goals and reviews successes and challenges, revising objectives as needed on a quarterly basis.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Applies the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Other duties as needed
Specific Scope Data:
Responsible for generating sales, per designated quota, annually. This role involves outsides sales and includes frequent travel within Northern Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in science or related field required; MS preferred
- 3+ years sales experience required; preferably with Analytical Instruments
- Hands on experience with Analytical Instruments (IC, LC, GC/GCMS) highly desired
- Specifically, products are U3000 and Vanquish LC series, Integrion and Aquion IC series, Trace GC, Trace 1300 and Trace 1310 GC, Trace 1310 ISQ –GC/MS single quad, and TSQ8000 –GC/MS triple quad.
- Track record of success in solutions sales of capital equipment
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
- Available for up to 60% business travel, mostly day travel.
Location: This position can be home-based within the territory.