Marketing Communications Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Burlington
It’s not easy being a global leader in a field that requires equal parts scientific understanding and technical know-how. But making a positive difference while doing it? That’s what makes it rewarding and worthwhile!
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we know that making the world a better place starts with innovation: all our work is aimed at making laboratory work and research better than ever. With over 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping clients to eradicate disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving scientific cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
But making great products is only the start of making a big difference: now we need someone who can help us share our story with the world.
That’s where you come in
As our new Marketing Communications Specialist, you’ll be taking on a dynamic role that will require flexibility, inventiveness, and initiative.
In general, you’ll be showing off our range of products for our audience of scientists and demonstrating how we can can help them to be successful and achieve their goals. On any given day, that could include everything from creating marketing collateral, managing our digital strategy, posting on social media or attending a trade show.
Because our products are used by customers doing all different kinds of science, you’ll need to start with knowing a thing or two about the industry we live and breathe. Whether you’re promoting a solution for the testing of environmental samples, or for automating of genetic screening for disease, you'll need to be comfortable using the language of science and technology to get our message across.
A lot of your job will be digital: online advertising, tracking marketing metrics, and coming up with one of a kind marketing campaigns that work in today's connected world.
We want someone with the skills and knowledge to succeed, but you’ll also need the three “C”s:
- Communication (obviously!) – bench scientists, lab managers, finance people: it doesn’t matter who you’re talking to, you’ve got a knack for generating interest and answering questions.
- Creativity – you’re not afraid to put your own spin on things, and take ownership of projects. We want you to celebrate the wins and learn from the failures.
- Collaboration – we’re a small team who love working with each other in a transparent and trusting environment. We want someone who will respect their coworkers, but who is willing to give and receive feedback to help us all grow.
Working With Us
This will be a full-time, position, with hours from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, plus semi-regular travel to attend trade-shows and other customer facing events. There is also the possibility to explore flexible working arrangements. You’ll make a great salary from the get go and Thermo Fisher provides an attractive benefits package.
We’re a small, close-knit group so you’ll be making a huge impact from the start. In terms of opportunities for growth, and latitude to approach and solve problems in your own way, it doesn’t get much better than this.
The best part of working with us is the culture. While Thermo Fisher has the structure, support, and market presence of a big corporation, we work hard to maintain the feel of a small company. This provides us freedom to operate in an agile and responsive manner and stay focused on doing the right thing for our customers and our business.
That small company feel extends to how we work together as well and includes company BBQs, stopping by at the ice cream truck we called up to visit, and going on the occasional trip to Canada’s Wonderland. Most important though, we think, is the enjoyment of working with an engaged group of people towards a shared set of goals.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Strong computer skills, and ability to learn new software/applications
- Experience establishing and tracking marketing results/metrics
- Experience using Salesforce, and/or other CRM software
- Experience exhibiting at trade shows or other customer events
- Understanding of scientific terminology as it relates to laboratory equipment, robotics, technology, etc.
- Knowledge/experience in marketing, preferably in life sciences or a related field
- Valid passport and willingness to travel internationally
We're keen to get the right candidate on-board and will be reviewing applications as they arrive, so if this role sounds appealing to you, apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.