When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Solution Architect works within a diverse group of technical and business stakeholders to understand business needs and roadmaps with a goal of enabling smart technology strategies for competitive advantage across all of the Thermo Fisher Scientific lines of business (LOB).
Solution Architects work with and stay abreast of the latest technologies and technological opportunities across many technologies and platforms.
Reporting to the Leader, Solution Architecture and Governance, the Solution Architect JD Edwards Enterprise One has senior-level responsibility and high visibility, working with IT Executive leadership for:
- Define best practices and working with business process owners to define standards, guidelines and global templates
- Ability to see the big picture, design holistic solutions and be proactive
- Oversight of design, integration and implementation of enterprise class systems
- Establishing, developing and promoting the strategies and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies to include standard architectures/frameworks for enterprise applications
- Focus on leading and driving innovation with disruptive technologies and new or reinvigorated business models in order to deliver business outcomes
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain and improve upon the process, technology standards for integrations, Governance of architecture standards and Technology strategy
- Work closely with the IT PMO organization to ensure the architectural governance processes are in alignment with the overall IT PMO process
- Research, understand, and stay current with relevant business and technology trends and apply them to current Thermo Fisher Scientific business objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience as an IT Architect with focus on JD Edwards Enterprise One, and increasing levels of responsibility
- 10+ years of IT experience, including implementation experience with one or more JD Edwards Enterprise One projects of increasing responsibility and management of more senior level technical resources
- Knowledge of other Oracle products (Oracle Cloud ERP, Other Oracle Cloud applications etc) is highly preferred
- Ability to work with Senior IT Executives on the strategy and roadmaps to support the Business strategies from the various LOB
- Deep understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes, Deployment Methodologies and Application Server Life Cycle Management is required
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration, including leadership in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases
- Demonstrate excellent, context-specific communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactively and ability to self-start/learn/manage
- Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome
- Detail and quality oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Demonstrate a desire and proven action in learning new technologies. Stay current on existing ones, pursuing experience and certifications in leading edge or primary technology areas.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in implementing JD Edwards Enterprise One and other Oracle products/applications
- Extensive technical knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One and other Oracle products/applications
- Candidate must have outstanding leadership and communications skills in order to effectively work with the Senior IT Executives.
- Extensive experience in large global business transformation initiatives such as shared services, ERP and CRM platform consolidations and strategies.
- Integration experience involving any of: JD Edwards E1, SAP, Oracle Cloud Applications, Siebel, Web Services and/or other ERP packages is required.
- Thorough understanding of, Web Services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts, including experience with Enterprise Integration tools such as ESBs and/or ETL tools, and common design patterns with specific boundary systems (e.g. CRM, ERP, eCommerce).
- Programming Experience with any of: Java/JSP, ASP .NET, PHP, HTML, XML or other Programming Language is a plus.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or have 15+ years equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.