Gather and scan products from storage coolers per branch or customer orders typically reaching up to but not limited to 84 inches high, grasping and gripping.
• Pack and arrange products onto pallets or into varied package sizes.
• Accurately counting for both day to day functions and cycle counts as necessary
• Work cooperatively with co-workers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies as needed.
• Obtain, stack and place product on shelves, load/unload courier trucks or assist in warehouse as needed.
• Lift up to 63 pounds from floor to waist and lift up to 54 pounds from floor to shoulder height on a regular basis.
• Walk and stand up to six (6) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist.
• Accurately and legibly complete company and carrier documentation.
• Push or pull products on a cart, weight of up to 250 pounds to push and 250 pounds to pull.
• Push pallet jack with weight up to 1200 pounds.
• Load refrigerated trailer trucks with pallets of products to send to branch locations.
• Maintain department and work area to 5S housekeeping standards
• Listen to and follow written and verbal instructions given in the English language.
• Report any actual or potential safety hazards to management.
• Be an active participant in continuous improvement activities
• Read, understand and utilize both RF scanners and computers
• Complete work as dictated by customer needs beyond normal shift hours, willingness to volunteer for other areas/shifts.
• Utilize fork lift/power industrial trucks safely, when/if required.
• In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
< >Must have a high school degree or equivalent from an accredited institution. Must be able to communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language. Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications. Must be able to perform basic math. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull up to 600 lbs wheeled kettles. Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day. Ability to see and distinguish colors. Preferred Qualifications:
< > At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com