Job ID :
US - Maryland - Bethesda|US - Washington D.C. - Washington D.C.
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrating to district team members how to achieve those plans.
- Directs the implementation of the business plan across the district to meet objectives successful introduction of new products, and the retention and growth of current customers.
- Consistently monitors results of sales team in the district to provide accurate sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Oversees contracts/proposals/quotations within Thermo Fisher Scientific Guidelines. Approves competitive pricing as needed to maintain and grow the business and increase margin with guidance from Senior Sales Management or Commercial Operations Finance department
- Successfully attracts, develops, and retains highly qualified Sales professionals that contribute to the success of Biosciences.
- Regularly monitors customer’s needs and Biosciences product offerings to ensure needs are understood by team members and key Life Science Solutions Group departments and, appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to accounts.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master's or MBA degree is preferred.
- Requires 5-7 years’ experience in sales and 7+ years in sales management with at least 5 years selling and account relationship management experience with a major company in the life science industry preferable.
- Position requires approximately 30% travel.
- Experience with team management, sales strategies and personal selling effectiveness, analytical and problem solving skills, communications skills, client relationship management skills, industry/market analysis skills, and business planning skills.