About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Responsible for manufacturing product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products.
- Will perform plasmid DNA purification, restriction digest, cloning reactions, bacterial transformations, DNA sequencing analysis, PCR and gel electrophoresis.
- Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest options/ideas for corrective actions.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
- Identify potential issues in the production process; report findings to team management and members for resolution or participate in troubleshooting.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings
- Knowledgeable of MSDS for relevant products
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all Environmental Health and Safety programs and activities.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year experience in the application of molecular biology laboratory techniques in a manufacturing environment or research laboratory.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required. Experience in the use of basic laboratory techniques, including buffer preparation, protein and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis, cloning with bacterial transformation, nucleic acid isolation and DNA sequencing analysis is beneficial.
- Experience performing RNA transcription and purification is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities.