About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-process and final product testing following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for assuring that products are tested to meet the highest quality standards as determined by performance specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that QC tasks are completed according to: schedule, company policies, procedures and test methods.
- Effectively implement and maintain the company's Standard Operating Procedures for Quality Control.
- Understands test results and pursues clarification of unusual results. Develops and uses system for anticipating and recognizing errors.
- Resolves discrepancies and reports results.
- Adheres to good documentation practices to ensure data integrity and traceability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility and a passion to drive for results are key for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or closely related field
- 0-2 years of work experience in a Research or GMP Quality Control laboratory
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, such as current GMP regulations
- Experience performing a variety of antibody based assays for bulk materials, in-process materials, and finished products
- Experience writing and modifying Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to review and understand test data
- Ability to understand and follow safety precautions and procedures
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams and to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and achieve goals and objectives
- Strong math skills, scientific background, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong work ethic, and computer literacy
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employees will occasionally be exposed to hazardous materials in small amounts. Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus are required.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.