When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The focus is on technical/product based customer requirements. This position carries a sales quota for the specified territory. Responsibilities include:
- Develops sales plan that includes opportunity map, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the sales plan and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Reviews and updates the sales plan on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Prospects across the installed base and in new accounts to ensure that target opportunities are developed.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Establishes initial contacts with decision makers in potential customers.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Updates lead/contact management system to track progress.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives.
- Asks questions to understand customers’ product requirements and project priorities.
- Implements appropriate strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections or competitive situations.
- Responds effectively to customer requests and resolves critical issues and meets all commitments in a timely manner.
- Understands and presents the complete range of product and service offerings that meet the needs of customers.
- Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to customers. Utilizes regional resources to ensure they are properly leveraged relative to deal closure, probability and opportunity size.
Bachelors degree preferred Majored in biology, biology engineering or similar Prior experience selling capital equipment Strong directly sale capability 3-4 years prior sales experience