- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems and may help identify solutions. Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes basic systems or performs the functions stated below:
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ handheld devices that include:
- Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS) barcode scanner input device.
- PacTrac Package tracking device
- CISPRO Chemical management device
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Maintains Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must be customer focused to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirement are met, and to capture, present and explain job or site specific performance metrics.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.