When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Responsible for manufacturing product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products.
- Will perform plasmid DNA purification, restriction digest, cloning reactions, bacterial transformations, DNA sequencing analysis, PCR and gel electrophoresis.
- Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest options/ideas for corrective actions.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
- Identify potential issues in the production process; report findings to team management and lead troubleshooting and resolution.
- Write technical documents which include standard operating procedures and batch records.
- Required to lead process improvement projects or product transfer projects.
- Will require some leadership tasks, including training new operators and partnering with support functions to facilitate execution of production schedules.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings
- Knowledgeable of MSDS for relevant products
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EH&S programs and activities.
- Must have one of the following:
- BS in life science with 7+ years direct experience.
- MS in life science with 2+ years direct experience
- PhD in life science with 0+ years direct experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required. Experience in the use of basic laboratory techniques, including buffer preparation, protein and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis, cloning with bacterial transformation, nucleic acid isolation and DNA sequencing analysis is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Experience performing RNA transcription and purification is a plus.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs may be required.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills necessary.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing related computer software preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com