When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Acts as subject matter expert on all departmental processes in order to support business transformation and long term technical solutions.
- Works with management to develop and implement strategies to gain departmental efficiencies, including but not limited to workflow and data cleansing technologies.
- Continuously identifies process improvement opportunities and works with those affected to implement solutions.
- Applies product data, process knowledge and technical background to develop strategies around process automation and software implementation into existing processes.
- Gathers requirements from process stakeholders and translates into finished solutions.
- Provides technical support on existing tools and applications within Product Services, Cross Reference Services and Portfolio Management.
- Provides training and handles troubleshooting on defined tools and applications within Product Services, Cross Reference Services and Portfolio Management.
- Identifies opportunities to improve data quality through data analysis and implements the appropriate measures to resolve.
- Develops long term data governance needs, contingent upon new technologies.
- Bachelor Degree.
- 2+ years of experience organizing, analyzing and reporting on product data.
- Proficient with company systems, including mainframe, AS/400 and Cognos.
- Expert User with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Access with Proficient with data analysis and working with large datasets.
- Working knowledge of VBA programming language and SQL experience.
- BA/BS Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or business.
- Ability to distill high level objectives and strategic concepts into everyday business solutions and tools.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility with priorities.
- Service-oriented work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a diverse range of colleagues.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.