When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking a senior marketing professional to lead a Business Unit marketing team that will transform how we develop and execute short and long term organic, global growth strategies, through a matrix reporting structure. This exciting role will be an influential part of the team that develops and delivers customer centric growth strategies and experiences that will both delight our customers and will increase the impact of our marketing initiatives for Laboratory Products.
This leader of Market Development will direct a cross functional team of marketing professionals responsible for the go-to-market strategy, development, execution and results across all channels and solution based customer programs. This leader will also drive the marketing effectiveness of all BU marketing campaigns and activities to harmonize and focus the campaign deliverable and to ensure measurable impact. The position reports to the VP of Market Development for the Division and works closely with the Business Unit’s VP/GM and functional leaders, across the organization, as needed to deliver world class experience to our customers and exceed the Business Units revenue and EBITA growth objectives.
- Achieve annual business unit revenue goals and marketing expense budget.
- Work closely with the VP of Market Development, VP/GM and other senior marketing leaders to define a vision for market growth, design business unit strategies to actively pursue new market opportunities and develop marketing plans to grow the business globally.
- Lead the creation and implementation of focused and prioritized growth strategies for the business unit working collaboratively with Group, Division and BU marketing and product colleagues.
- Lead the work in a matrix environment to develop customer centric global marketing programs and tools that are differentiated and provide increased, measurable value to targeted customer segments, aligned to the growth strategies.
- Demonstrate cohesive leadership, build high performing work teams, implement and manage productive operating mechanisms to ensure team alignment, strong communication and on time, measureable marketing results for the business unit.
- Coordinate with the cross divisional marketing team to ensure visibility, transparency and alignment, as well as sharing of best practices to enhance success.
- Owns the BU campaign goals and objectives, and reviews and revises programs to maximize member adoption and program utilization.
- Accountable to achieve KPI targets as mutually established with the business and regularly reports to Executive and Senior Management on target performance
- Work closely with regional marketing teams to build and execute marketing programs within their region.
- At least 10 years in a marketing role that includes demonstrated experience, successfully implementing marketing plans across channels.
- Mastery of knowledge and leadership in the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, customer segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Effectiveness in this role requires excellent listening skills, the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- This position requires a very team-oriented approach and interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel. Experience with matrixed marketing organization is a plus
- Experience in marketing in a highly technical field or scientific environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business desired. Background in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline is a plus. M.B.A. preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer