Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer III
Requisition ID: 51832BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for driving exceptional product quality, regulatory assurance and optimized Cost of Quality through the effective management of supplier quality.
- Establishes quality benchmarks and metrics for measuring efficiencies and effectiveness of all supplier performances that affect Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services.
- Develops initiatives and reviews metrics to identify cost of poor supplier quality. Using various data collection methodologies, will measure, analyze and improve Supplier performance and reduce supplier non-conformances.
- Develops relationships with customers, suppliers and other departments to resolve quality related issues.
- Manage FAI (First Article Inspection) Process to ensure compliance to TFS requirements.
- Approve supplier selection through robust qualification process.
- Assure supplier compliance to TFS QMS and regulatory requirements through effective supplier monitoring processes and metrics.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier / engineering changes, New Product Introductions and material transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specifically Failed on Arrival / Install (FOA/FOI) issues, Field Failures and Factory defects
- Assure corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers I compliance TFS procedures.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with TFS and associated Quality Manuals, regulatory requirements and most current world class best practices for the effective management and continuous improvement of supplier quality.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate action to remedy through root cause analysis.
- Support negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Site Supplier Quality Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical discipline, or engineering certification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing, design, quality assurance or regulatory assurance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and analysis.
- Effective problem solving, root cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally)
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Engineer
- Certified Green Belt (Certified Black Belt preferred)
- Experience with electronic (printed circuit board assemblies), electrical and electro-mechanical commodities.
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively manage projects and communicate within all levels of the organization with respect to production and process controls; corrective and preventative action (CAPA), complaints and risk management; product quality improvement using tools such as Six Sigma, FTA, PFMEA, etc.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com