|When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.|
Travel to provide temporary support at multiple customer facilities during scheduled and unscheduled PTO, leave of absence, site training and open positions; in some cases for extended periods of time.
- Cover services including order entry/order management, operating customer procurement systems, stockroom services, shipping/receiving, chemical tracking, glass washing, desk top delivery, dry ice services, and others as required
- Provide Post Coverage analysis including recommendations to improve operational efficiency and corresponding Corrective Actions.
- Assist in updating SOP’s and Work Instructions
- Support new site implementations as required
- Assist stockroom sites to prepare for Annual Physical Inventories
- Utiliize Velocity Reports in RIMS to manage invenrory and make adjustments
- Conduct cycle counts
- Site Audits
- Reconcile reports for finance as part of API
- Training support
- Cover for new employees attending systems training
- Provide site specific training on site operations including proprietary customer systems
- Subject Matter Expert in Best Practices for the portfolio of services such as Order Management, Inventory Management, Glass Wash, Consignment and Customer Owned Inventory.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary certifications to support all site operations
- IATA and DOT certifications
- Fork truck
- Hand jack and pallet jacks
- Handle all site operations and duties for optimal outcomes to maintain highest standards of excellence
- Operate across a wide variety of services including training and assessment responsibilities with a high level of success.
- High light RED Flags affecting site operations for corrective action
- Identify Process Improvements during coverage and document to site supervisor via weekly reports
- Partner with Site Implementations ensuring new engagements successfully meet contract obligations. Provide additional training to site personnel when needed
- Promote personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies, procedures and system enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Maintain proficiency of all e-learning tools and online training as required
- Listen to customer concerns, effectively diffuse dissatisfaction, and quickly identify course of action with first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Attend required training sessions
- Participate in projects and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma; BA/BS preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively and work in a wide variety of environments
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Adapt to flexible and changing schedule in short notice
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently.
- Display high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sense of urgency
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for site coverage duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Posses valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to work beyond the normal business hours
- Ability to travel extensively 70 – 80% of time.
• Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific business engagements as partnered with customers via Unity Lab Services.