Job Title: Hardware Quality Engineer
Location: Logan, UT
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Hardware Quality Engineer will reside in the sales operations department and will provide guidance on equipment built by Thermo Fisher for the Biologics market.
Primary responsibilities include: field inspections of product at fabrication suppliers, assemble and editing of in house and customer facing documentation, and to provide technical support to customers, and field applications team members. Inspection of the equipment will be based on defined protocols and procedures, assembly drawings, specified components, and applicable documentations. Defective products found during inspection visits, will be reported in writing to suppliers for their resolution, prior to shipment of product to customer sites. To ensure that customer specifications are met, this individual will be responsible to review and assemble specified user manuals, product testing records, and applicable quality documentation. Also, on occasion, hardware assembly of equipment will be required.
- 5 years of experience in welding type environment and understanding equipment build drawings.
- Requires excellent organization to execute on customer documentation package.
- Ability to work in all Microsoft programs.
- Works well in a fast pace environment and can direct suppliers to resolve issues as needed.
- Ability to manage and document equipment issues and communicate to suppliers on quarterly bases with performance score cards.
- 5 Experience with equipment inspection.
- BS degree preferred in Business or Science related fields.
- 10 years’ work experience Quality engineering.
- Background in the Biologics Market.
- Experience with SalesForce and Oracle (ERP) programs.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.