When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Pharma Analytics business, a dynamic team that innovates state of the art molecular solutions for Pharmaceutical Analytics applications, is recruiting a Senior Manager, Software to support its product portfolio. Specifically, this position will guide software solution efforts that enhance and complement a portfolio of instrument and consumable products.
Our portfolio consists of fully integrated testing solutions, including sample preparation chemistry, instrumentation, software and services. Analytes include nucleic acids, proteins, glycans, and microbes. Methods applied include qPCR, Capillary Electrophoresis and DNA sequencing across a product portfolio that includes MicroSEQ® microbial identification, MycoSEQ® Mycoplasma detection, ResDNASEQ®, quantitative host cell DNA assays and new products ProteinSEQ, a novel solution that combines the specificity of ELISA with the range and sensitivity of Q-PCR and GlycanAssure(TM), a high resolution, high throughput system for complex glycan analysis. The product portfolio focuses on product contaminants, impurities and quality during the manufacture of protein based therapeutics.
- Conduct product market analyses and assess customer needs.
- Evolve software product roadmap for multiple analytical instrument platforms, real-time PCR and Genetic Analyzers
- Manage development, improvement and maintenance of multiple software products.
- Establish collaborative relationships with key scientific leaders and partners in the field,
- Execute launch and marketing plans to ensure product acceptance and revenue goals.
- Work across multiple disciplines to bridge scientific and software requirements and functionality.
- Oversee and manage relationship with external development team.
- Develop Scope of Work proposals and plan budgets accordingly.
- Define the business processes associated with developing a product from inception to customer delivery.
- Assist in the development of the product support structure and organization.
- Contribute to business plan development.
- Produce product marketing collateral and software product documentation associated with new product launch.
- Understand and evaluate competitive landscape and market trends to promote, differentiate, and position the product.
- BS or above in Molecular Biology, Computer Sciences, Biochemistry or related field
- At least 6 years of software development experience preferably as part of product management in the life sciences domain
- Understanding of software tools used in analyzing biological and/or chromatography data
- Familiarity with CFR 21, Part 11, Electronic Records guidance and expectations
- Experience delivering software products from new product concept to release in the Life Sciences space.
- Working knowledge of analytical based applications, tools, and workflow (qPCR, DNA sequencing).
- Proven track record of concisely reporting VOC information to marketing and development teams.
- Ability to translate user input into product requirements.
- Proven ability to accomplish tasks in a team environment (ex. engineering, marketing, technical support).
- Proven ability to communicate complex concepts in writing.
- Ability to develop detailed plans and then execute on those plans.
- Ability to identify the most important issues and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to know when to act quickly to proactively solve problems.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships which can be leveraged for software product design, development and optimization.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.