Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 52381BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Establishes quality benchmarks and metrics for measuring efficiencies and effectiveness of all supplier performances that affect Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services.
- Develops initiatives and reviews metrics to identify cost of poor supplier quality. Using various data collection methodologies, will measure, analyze and improve Supplier performance and reduce supplier non-conformances.
- Develops relationships with customers, suppliers and other departments to resolve quality related issues.
- Manage FAI (First Article Inspection) Process to ensure compliance to TFS requirements.
- Approve supplier selection supporting Supplier Development Engineers through robust qualification process.
- Assure supplier compliance to TFS QMS and regulatory requirements through effective supplier monitoring processes and metrics.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier / engineering changes, New Product Introductions and material transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specifically Failed on Arrival / Install (FOA/FOI) issues, Field Failures and Factory defects
- Assure corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers I compliance TFS procedures.
- Monitor field data with end customers and maintain related metrics.
- Work customer corrective action requests related to OEM products as well as issue corrective action requests to suppliers
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with TFS and associated Quality Manuals, regulatory requirements and most current world class best practices for the effective management and continuous improvement of supplier quality.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate action to remedy through root cause analysis.
- Support negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Site Sourcing Leader or the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
- Lead Customer Focused Improvement teams to drive continuous improvement as it relates to OEM products to our end customers