?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are seeking a Senior Applications Engineer, who is primarily focused on supporting the sales, marketing, R&D, and Production efforts by operating the company’s nanoprobing products in the factory and in the Field. This is a highly technical and hands-on position and works closely with the product development, manufacturing operations, and product marketing teams. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated technical person with the ability to interface with customers, and has a passion for hands-on work in a fast-paced environment. This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities and reports directly to the Applications Engineering Manager.
- Thorough system testing to verify performance prior to shipment to customer
- Customer demonstrations
- System installation and acceptances in the factory
- Diagnose, repair, and improve tool performance in the factory and in the Field
- Develop new applications and techniques
- Work with product development to test tool performance prior to customer shipment
- Compose application notes and technical papers
- Generate content for marketing collateral
- Ability to quickly learn new technical concepts and independently exercise reasonable judgment
- Mechanically Adept- must be able to use handheld mechanical tools; read and interpret drawings and diagrams; knowledge of and ability to meet workmanship and quality standards
- Planning, prioritization, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Up to 50% travel, must be able to easily travel to Europe and Asia
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field + 3 years Semiconductor industry experience
- Recommended: Masters or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field + 5 years Semiconductor industry experience
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Device Physics
- Experience and knowledge of Scanning Electron Microscopes, Electronic device testing, and Vacuum Systems
- Prior experience troubleshooting systems
- Previous customer service experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.