When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
• Assemble through documented process and methods subassemblies to meet quality specifications and productivity standards
• Assemble electronic assemblies (hand soldering, inspection, documentation and part number interpretation, wire crimping, and basic hand tool usage)
• Operate required automated manufacturing equipment including but not limited to, label makers, presses, drills, and prep equipment
- Perform inspection of raw materials and products to ensure acceptability
- Process repairs on assemblies within a specified lead-time
- Assist in troubleshooting, assembly testing, and pre-testing process/products
- Ensure proper inventory management procedures are followed
• Coordinate with assigned lead to insure Value Stream Training matrix accurately reflects qualifications, skill sets and learning’s
- Participate and contribute to daily Team Stand up meetings
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two year associate degree in electronics or similar field a plus
- Related course work or work experience a plus
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proficient with basic assembly equipment/processes used in department
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Ability to work independently with some assistance
- Attention to detail, supported by well developed organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to follow directions and written procedures (Manufacturing Details and Standard Operating Procedures)
- Ability to read manufactures product specifications and internal documentation created such as blue prints, and assembly procedures
- Able to handle and assemble small parts
- Ability to take ownership for general processes/products
- Basic understanding of the Manufacturing Work Order and Inventory Control Systems
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Physical activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, crawling and reading.
- Level of physical requirements: Medium Work. May require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Level of visual acuity: Inspection and close assembly.
- Working conditions: Activities occur inside, hazards and atmospheric conditions, required to wear respirator at times when conditions warrant.
- Equipment/Tools: Personal computer, hand tools.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.