Due to an internal move, we have a position based as part of a wider Finance team. You must be highly organised and be able to manage and prioritise many non-negotiable deadlines. In addition, a positive and proactive nature will ensure your success in this position.
You will assist with the monthly close, reconciliations and reporting requirements. The role is responsible for ensuring strong finance support with internal and external stakeholders and therefore you will require excellent communication and problem solving skills. You will also be responsible for revenue recognition policy adherence and inventory reserve provisions as well as maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Key coordinator of Australian entity month end requirements, including preparation of month end journals.
- Monthly balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations
- Month end Trial Balance commentary on variances
- Preparation of monthly financial KPI’s
- Tax and statutory compliance - Preparation of monthly GST/IAS returns, FBT/WHT annual returns. Complete periodic government statistical surveys
- Capex – Manage fixed/demo asset register in E1 and SAP systems, conduct annual asset impairment test, monitor CIP account and provide monthly reporting to US
- Opex – Monthly operating expenses analysis and commentary, cost centre management.
- Freight and T&E/general expenses analysis/accruals
- Monitoring sales orders and review supporting documentation and prepare revenue adjustment as required to ensure sales are fully complied with company revenue recognition policies
- Prepare quarterly provision on excess and obsolete (E&O), expired and consignment stock
- Payroll - Review and prepare payroll and commission/ICP journals
- Report to US – IC PPV, CAR’s etc.
- Service contract and warranty contract reporting and monitoring
- Perform monthly Hyperion entity loads, roll-forward schedules for AR & bad debts, assist with quarterly tax packs, prepare year-end financial supplemental pack.
- Participate in system and regression testing in finance areas and projects as required
- Prepare insurance data for Australian entity
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve business processes and identify process improvement opportunities
- Bachelor degree in Accounting & Finance essential
- Fully qualified or studying towards a professional qualification, e.g. CPA, CA desirable
- Related experience including manufacturing accounting
- Proactive approach to work and ability to identify, escalate and resolve workflow issues
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (verbal and written)