Job Title: Distribution Supervisor
Requisition ID: 52265BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of performance metrics.
- Achieve annual goals for Total Recordable Incidents and Lost Time Recordable Incidents.
- Provide leadership / management support (coaching, performance management development (PMD’s), training, issue resolution, etc.) to associates.
- Take ownership of safety initiatives including incident investigations and reporting within the required timeframe. Participate in safety walkthroughs and continuous improvement activities.
- Execute operations to ensure daily safety and shipment objectives are achieved.
- Support inventory accuracy activities to achieve annual targets for Penfield and Fairport Finished Goods.
- Support inventory management processes (cycle-counting, MDR processing, warehouse slotting optimization, pick-path optimization, etc.)
- Take ownership of QWI updates and continuous improvements.
- Provide role-model leadership in driving change to achieve continuous improvement through Lean best practices in Warehousing, Material Flow and Logistics.
- Through Leader-Standard Work monitor performance and effectiveness of operations.
- Serve as a point of escalation for Customer, Supplier and/or Manufacturing supply issues.
- Serve as a point of escalation for Transportation issues.
- Balance labor resources across distribution operations as necessary to assure the overall success of the Department.
- Contribute to labor resource forecasting under the direction of the LSP Warehouse Manager.
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement activities for service level performance.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience in a 1st-line Supervision or Management capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management or related field or equivalent professional leadership experience in an operations environment.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and establish goals, metrics, data and plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers / suppliers; including success functioning as a change agent / team leader and team member in a multi-skilled, dynamic and matrix business environment
- Knowledge of lean material concepts and application in warehousing and logistics.
- Knowledge SAP transactions and navigation is a plus. MS-Office Capabilities (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com