Our Inside Safety Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of Fisher Safety’s products and services primarily by using the telephone; but also using email, Internet, and other technology within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers engaged in safety dominant customers like petrochemical, industrial, electronics, and medical device. The Inside Safety Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Supports multiple research sales representatives by providing information specific to safety, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other safety support
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control
- Implements customer specific action plans, working with purchasing and management to perform hazard assessments, making product recommendations, providing product training with regard to occupational health and safety equipment
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 8+ years of sales experience, preferably in safety products or controlled environment products
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a technical degree in safety, EH&S, environmental science or science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer
- Must deliver excellent customer service
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.