When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics - Carlsbad, CA
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics - Carlsbad, CA will lead strategic marketing (including analytics) efforts across the company and work closely with regional/divisional leaders to implement best practices/align efforts to support company-wide strategic initiatives. Other responsibilities include:
- Works with marketing leadership to define priorities and lead core initiatives.
- Define, establish, develop and manage a best in class practices that can be adopted globally.
- Monitor/evaluate all stages of the customer demand funnel across all marketing channels, creating business and financial models to drive key marketing, product, and business decisions.
- Work closely with analytics team to deliver statistically relevant models and revenue attribution measurement.
- Oversee the implementation, maintenance, accuracy and improvement of marketing systems and tools.
- Support development processes and infrastructure for collection and dissemination of intelligence (market, competitor and customer) across organization.
- Leverage customer data to drive insights across key marketing activities, optimize existing activity and inform business strategies, triangulating primary and secondary market research into the decision making process.
- Partner closely with members of our digital team to optimize site performance, define success metrics and automate custom reports/dashboards for stakeholders.
- Work closely with top management to identify critical business questions and potential areas of opportunity and translate these questions into technical analyses.
- Facilitate innovation in analytics reporting, evolve current suite of KPI’s and support evaluation of methodologies designed to measure incremental impact (revenue and behavioral) of marketing (online and offline) campaigns
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of marketing personnel.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven hands-on experience in a leadership role within digital marketing, marketing analytics or related marketing function.
- Knowledge of implementation, maintenance, accuracy and improvement of analytics data capture, systems and tools (Omniture, Siebel, Unica, Mars, etc.).
- Proven record of collaboration with business partners to validate hypotheses and help stakeholders to think about new opportunities and future test plans.
- Strong analytical skillset, including an ability to understand statistics and drive action across a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and present analysis findings to stakeholders at all levels, internally as well as externally.
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively and instill confidence in recommendations and motivating others to act on them.