When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: Bio-Formulation
The Formulation Technician I organizes and carries out multi-stage production processes to prepare and formulate serum products for use as controls and calibrators in analytical instruments. He/she organizes and carries out production processes to prepare and formulate Clinical Chemistry Reagent products and monitors the complete process of producing serum and CCR products to assure compliance with specifications and GMP/FDA requirements.
- Calculate raw material volumes required for each batch by referencing amounts necessary to meet manufacturing schedule and product specifications.
- Follow detailed processing documentation, processes base serums, Clinical Chemistry reagents, intermediates and final serum products.
- Plan all intermediates at proper times in the formulation cycle to ensure that all target production dates for final product formulation are met.
- Prepare and inspect equipment for use in chemical and bio-formulations. Set up pumps, filters, tubing connections and mixers.
- Follow prescribed directions to calculate the amount of chemical needed to formulate the volume of the product specified in the production schedule. Weigh and mix chemicals with diluents under controlled conditions.
- Responsible for the cleaning and routine maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain complete and accurate production records in conformance with GMP and FDA requirements.
- Perform basic laboratory analytical testing.
- Input data into a computerized material control system.
- Continuously monitors work area for unsafe conditions and take immediate action to correct unsafe condition(s).
- Responsible for quality of product produced.
- Continuously follows all safety requirements including PPE.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent; a B.S. in Science or Medical Technology is preferred. Minimum of one year production experience (may be waived in lieu of B.S. in Science) and knowledge of the metric system (weights & volumes). Relevant education may be considered in lieu of one year production experience.
- Normal manufacturing environment.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 110 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use non traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.